• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car depreciation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

prokni

What is the name of your state? California
I got rear ended couple months ago and I have my car repaired in insurance authorize body shop. (I am driving it right now)
Body shop billed other driver's insurance directly. They accepeted the liability.
My car is 2001 Nissan truck and I am the first owner. I have been told that I can compensate the depreciation of my car.
Insurance have sent me the release form on my car damage.
Also I am getting bills from hospital regarding that accident. (My wife got injured and she had to go to emergency room) Her injury was not major but we have ended up with $2000 bill so far.
I don't want to settle it before I have all my medical bills available.

Question.
Can I compensate my car depreciation in this step?(before signing the car damage release)
or I have to settle all them to gather. (medical bills and car depreciation)
I heard insurance would give you the check only once and if I settle it, it would be a done deal.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">