• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A car failed to merge and hit my front bumper, and the parked on a free way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Acedog

i was traveling west bound on int 480 in Brookpark, OH. I was on the 480 to 71 south enterchange during rush. It is about a mile long interchange which merges two one lane. There a vary large signs instucting drivers to merge right. But on this day i was in the righ lane a a ford ranger flew past the slow moving trafic and tried to merge over a the quater mile alowence of the street signs. He then tried forcing himself in the lane. He was running me into a ditch on the side of the road. I roled down my window trying to gain their attention thinking they did not see me. I was also laying on the horn. I hit the side of there truck around the window area with my hand. The turck was less then 6 inches from mine. He then cut me off and scraping (the police did not note this) agains my bumper until the point of impact with the rear passenger side of his turck. The single officer said it was all my falt and I was charged with failure to keep a safe distance and criminal damaging II. The only witnesses to this are his passenger and mine. I have not informed my insurance because my uncle owns a repair shop and my deductable would have covered the damage anywayI pleaded not guilty and can't afford a layer. My court date is on feb 5. I was denied for an appointed leagal rep. and have college bills to pay while i attend. I plan to represent my self what defence methods and laws should i use

[Edited by Acedog on 12-11-2000 at 10:52 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">