• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car flooded at work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cookiejar

California.
My car was flooded in parking lot at my work. Car was submerged to about an inch off the interior flooor. Company knows that the lot floods, and they even said they repaired the drain but not really. Can they be responsible for all the repairs on my car and also for the rental car reimbursement? What about the troubles that my car may have in a future due to the flood?

Please advise what I am entitled to and what I need to do. Thanks.

JETX

cookiejar said:
Can they be responsible for all the repairs on my car and also for the rental car reimbursement?
There are some circumstances where the parking lot owner/operator could be liable.... and some where they aren't. Based solely on your post, it would appear that they are not in this case.

What about the troubles that my car may have in a future due to the flood?
What about them??

Last edited:

cookiejar

What do you mean by dealer? :confused:
It was parked in a parking lot of a company that I work for.
The company did not make me sign any paper about liability.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">