• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Hit by Shopping Cart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panthar

What is the name of your state?

IL, 60194 USA

Hi All,
My car was parked in a proper parking place outside the grocerry store. There was person who did not put the shopping cart at a proper place and put it just next to my car. It was a windy day and shopping cart hit my car badly. Costed me 1500 $.
Someone saw the incident, got his number, called police and reported the case. By that time I came to the scene. But the person who did not put the shopping cart at proper place flew away from the scene.

Now I called him. He did not respond. I wrote to him a letter and he says it was ACT OF GOD and he is not responsible to pay anything. I landed up paying 1500 $ from my pocket to get the car fixed.

But I am not sure how he can related Act of God with this incident. As it is not act of god.
1st - he did not put the shopping cart back to proper place that too on a windy day. It was my car. if it was some small child, it would have killed the child itself. Can we categorize it as Act of God ?

Can I file a case against him and put charges against him.

regards
Panthar

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">