• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car hit while parked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yjunebug

I live in manhattan beach calif. and our work vehicle was hit due to extreme gross negligence, a taxi was speeding, playing chicken ad exchanging threats with another car that was driving on the wrong side of a busy residential avenue at the time. the other vehicle left the scene of the accident.

how can i sue my own insurance company? Policy does not cover lost wages,it covers the replacement value of my van, but does not include the extensive maintenence i have done on this high mileage vehicle, to keep it in top running condition. what are my options

thanks,

brad mootz

racer72

Your insurance company is not liable for the lost wages, the insurance company of the vehicle that hit yours is. Also, the insurance company for the taxi company could also be liable. Also, most business insurance policies have riders available to cover lost wages if you can not work do to actions not of your fault. You will have to sue the other insurance companies, taxi company and owner of the taxi, you will lose if you sue your insurance company. Have you tried making claims to the other insurance companies?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">