• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car need to be fixed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cathy atkins

Hi

I need to know what can I do if I just bought a car 2weeks and 2days ago that need tire rod ends. I had spoke with the sales person and he told me the noise could come from the car sitting up or because it just got wash. Anyway the car squeak in the front. I ask the salemen to have the car look at and he said he would. I call back about the car and they meaning sales person or the account **** said the car was fining. I took the car on Saturday the 02-03 to Medias and they said it was the tire rod end and suspension. Anyway I know I did not mess them up and I feel that the dealer should pay for it but he told me he would not. That I could have had hit a bump and done this. I spoke with two of the Midias mechanics at two different Medias and they both said that the tire rod don't mess up that easily that it would take progressive or ware and tare. Any way what can I do to make the dealer pay for the car. The car is fine other wise I have no other problems. I want to keep the car. Please help the little woman. I need to know my rights!!!!!

Determined!!!!!!

racer72

When you bought the car was it sold with a warranty or was it sold "as is". If the car is more than 3 years old or has more than 30,000 miles, it was probably sold as is and you would be responsible for any repairs. That is why it is important to have a used car checked out by a mechanic before buying it. It only costs around $50 to $75 but could save you a lot more in the future. If the car was sold with a warranty, you need to check to see if steering and suspension parts are covered. Most used car warranties only cover the major drivetrain components, engine, transmission and differential. Read all the paper work you signed when you bought the car. A front end rebuild will cost between $200 to $500 depending on what needs to be replaced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">