• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Rental reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emanoh

What is the name of your state? MI

I was rear ended by another driver a month ago. At the time, I didnt know the other driver's car insurance but was able to get his license plate and his driver's license. I got a police report and my car was towed to a body shop that my insurance company recommended. My insurance policy allowed me to rent a car for 30 days and afterwards I would have to pay. My car will not be able to be repaired by the end of this time peroid due to lack of parts. The body shop is not able to get original parts from my car manufacturer and wont be able to repair the car until Feb. My car insurance company has called and stated that they will not pay anymore car rental. Should I have to pay the rental? I need advice on how to get either my car insurance company to pay the rental compensation or should I now get the other driver's insurance company to pay since now the police report has been filed?
Please help.
Thank you in advance.
Anup

Lynx 36

Your insurance company is only required to provide you a rental f/ 30 days no matter what happens. This is in your policy. The other insurance company may pay the days f/ the extra rental but it is doubtful. If you need the car longer than that then you pay have to pay out of your pocket. Keep copies of the bill so you can submit them to the other carrier f/ reimbursement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">