• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car repair problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dani

What is the name of your state? MD

My car was hit while parked (significant body, frame, suspension damage) and the insurance of the person who hit me is covering all damages. The problem is it has been almost six months since the accident and the car repair shop has taken way too long and given me back my car once with significant problems that still needed to be fixed and I had to return the car for additional repairs. I have already looked into the insurance and they have done everything they are supposed to; the problem is with the repair shop which I selected (certified and owned by a dealership).

My issue is that I think the damage was too significant and the car will never be fixed properly. What legal rights to I have if the shop cannot fix my car adequately?

CraigFL

This seems to be the trend today...i.e. "fix" a vehicle and turn it back to the customer to see if they can find anything else that needs to be done. As long as they do this, they are within their right and probably cannot be faulted although you would like them to have the fix it right/once attitude.

If you truly suspect the repairs are not possible, you will need to get a second opinion(and probably have to pay for it yourself), present it to the insurance company and fight it out with them...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">