• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car repair problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clubmed20

I was wondering what kind of right do I have in regards to a car repair.
I had an accident, so went to a body shop to do some paint job (deep scratches etc), so when I came to pick up the car, the new paint color was different from the original (you could notice), also it seemed that in some places the areas were not even buffed (polished). OK, I did not accept the car, and then the body shop guy said that he will repaint the whole car (?!). I'm now concerned that he will screw up the whole thing again, because it was already dishonest to tell me that the car was ready and it was not, in addition he was claiming that colors would not match while he could warn me in advance. So, I'm not sure how to deal with this situation in case again it will be bad job or worse. I can possibly refuse to take the car again, I also can call the insurance company to hold on on paying him, but it just seemed like a dishonest place and I am concerned about new dishonesty on their part.
Do I have any rights in this regard?
Thanks in advance!

OHRoadwarrior

It depends on whether you chose a body shop approved by the insurance company. Many insurance companies guarantee the repair if you do. Depending on the age and color of the car, it may not be possible to perfectly match the color.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">