• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Salesman wrecks consigned car.....covered by Dealer?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrsgroves

What is the name of your state? Montana
My son has been a car salesman for 2 yrs at a used dealership in Helena Montana. He was involved in a single car accident last night in a consigned vehicle from the Dealership (he's authorized to drive any lot car). The police came to the scene and a report was filed, however, he was not sited.

His employer is telling him that he is personally responsible for the cost to fix the car.

As an employee of a car dealership, does the dealership have a legal requirement to insure it's employees to drive vehicles from the dealership lot?

He is a current employee, in good standing and has been since he started work there with no prior accidents on his personal or employment record.

What should he do?
signed........distressed Mom

racer72

I sold used cars for a while and the dealer made it clear, we wreck em, we bought em. I had insurance that covered any car I drove. The insurance paid for itself when I was a victim of a hit and run accident while driving a Ferrari.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">