+ Reply to Thread
    mrsgroves Guest

Car Salesman wrecks consigned car.....covered by Dealer?

What is the name of your state? Montana
    My son has been a car salesman for 2 yrs at a used dealership in Helena Montana. He was involved in a single car accident last night in a consigned vehicle from the Dealership (he's authorized to drive any lot car). The police came to the scene and a report was filed, however, he was not sited.

His employer is telling him that he is personally responsible for the cost to fix the car.

As an employee of a car dealership, does the dealership have a legal requirement to insure it's employees to drive vehicles from the dealership lot?

He is a current employee, in good standing and has been since he started work there with no prior accidents on his personal or employment record.

What should he do?
    signed**************.distressed Mom
    racer72 is offline Senior Member
    I sold used cars for a while and the dealer made it clear, we wreck em, we bought em. I had insurance that covered any car I drove. The insurance paid for itself when I was a victim of a hit and run accident while driving a Ferrari.