• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car in Shop 5 Months After Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BodyShopIssues

What is the name of your state?Question: What is the name of your state?
Answer: Washington State

My mother was in an accident about 5 months ago where the front of her car was crushed. The driver of the other car was determined to be at fault, and the lawyers are talking with each other.

My father focusing on my mothers recovery process placed the car with a body shop recommended by a friend. The shop stated that they handle these type of repairs and could handle this case. Long story short, it has taken over 5 months for this body shop to fix the car, along the way they have either stated that the car will be available the next weekend (which it never was) or failed to pass the car dealers review of the work.

If this was a low end car this wouldn't be an issue, but as luck would have it was a high end brand new Lexus. The 5 months without a car has resulted in $5,000 in lease payments made to a car that was never available due to the body shops delays. I would like to know if there is recourse against the body shop?

I'm coming in after the fact here, and my parents are going to speak to the lawyer about this, but I would appreciate the boards point of view if they are able to recover payments for not having access to the car, either from the body shop or the person who caused the accident.

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">