• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car theft Mall Parking Lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scorleto

Pennsylvania: My daughter was at work at a local movie Theater, She came out of work at 2:00am to find her passenger door window broken, blood on her car and blood inside where someone had gone through her stuff. She had to pay almost $400.00 to have the window repaired. She has a $500.00 deductible on insurance. The mall has mobile security and does NOT have any park at your own risk signs in the lot. The mall security did not come by 1 time in the 45 minute period my daughter waited outside for and met with the local police. I believe this show negligence on the part of security. The security guards were not even aware of the fact that there was police activity in their parking lot. The insurance company for the mall is claiming they have no responsibility. Do they? Can I take them or the mall management to small claims court? My daughter really cannot afford to pay for this repair?
Thanks

seniorjudge

scorleto said:
Pennsylvania: My daughter was at work at a local movie Theater, She came out of work at 2:00am to find her passenger door window broken, blood on her car and blood inside where someone had gone through her stuff. She had to pay almost $400.00 to have the window repaired. She has a $500.00 deductible on insurance. The mall has mobile security and does NOT have any park at your own risk signs in the lot. The mall security did not come by 1 time in the 45 minute period my daughter waited outside for and met with the local police. I believe this show negligence on the part of security. The security guards were not even aware of the fact that there was police activity in their parking lot. The insurance company for the mall is claiming they have no responsibility. Do they? Can I take them or the mall management to small claims court? My daughter really cannot afford to pay for this repair?
Thanks
In order for you to prevail, you would have to prove that the mall had a particular duty to your daughter to protect her car. That's not likely. Have there have been a whole bunch of these incidents?

You Are Guilty

seniorjudge said:
In order for you to prevail, you would have to prove that the mall had a particular duty to your daughter to protect her car or that mall security committed the break-in. That's not likely. Have there have been a whole bunch of these incidents?
Edited for clarity :)

seniorjudge

You Are Guilty said:
Edited for clarity :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seniorjudge
In order for you to prevail, you would have to prove that the mall had a particular duty to your daughter to protect her car or that mall security committed the break-in. That's not likely. Have there have been a whole bunch of these incidents?

Good one....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">