• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car-Tractor Trailer Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdjs45

What is the name of your state? Utah

Recently I got in an accident with my fathers 2006 Ford Tauras. What happened was there was a two way street running east to west that lead on to the main street N to S and I went to take a right onto the street, there was no stopsign but i slowed anyway. I looked both ways and looked down at the gas gauage to check fuel. When i was looking up I released the brake to coast forward to take and the right, i looked up and saw a big trailer in front of me so i slammed on the brakes, but after i coasted into him. and the truck kept driving then stopped. I am not sure if he took a right turn from the north onto the street or a left turn from the south. But he said that he turned wide because it was a big truck hauling a forklift. When the police came he said the truck was clear over on the left side of the lane, and the trucker said because of his wide turn. I was wondering if it was 50-50 fault or mine or his? If i also have any argument over it also?
,Thanks

alnorth

50-50 would be the very optimistic best case scenario for you, but I wouldnt bet on it. Call your insurance company and explain what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">