• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car vs. Bicycle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CHart

Illinois - My uncle was hit while riding his bicycle. He now has a severe brain injury and will never be able to do anything. The lady that hit him said that she went out around him but then he turned in front of her. She stated she never reduced her speed and that he wouldn't get out of the way. The only thing hurt on the bike was a scuff on the seat and a bent rim. The car was on top of my uncle and he had to be revived. My uncle used to drink and had a reputation around town. He hadn't drank in 2 years prior to the accident. When the police officer came to the house, he told what had happened to my uncle and then added, "I smelled his breath, but didn't smell any alcohol." What does this have to do with anything? My uncle is now a vegetable. We can't find a nursing home to take him. The VA doesn't want him (he served in the Air Force during Vietnam). Don't we have any recourse? Please help in anyway possible. We can't seem to find out what really happened. We asked for a copy of the police report, but they told us they don't have one. Don't they have to keep one on file?:confused:

Y

yoyoma

You see he probably was at fault.......

what time of day was it? did he have any reflective clothing or lights on the bike? was he turning into an intersection?

His reputation must have made quite an impression on the local police....to be so helpful.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">