• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car wreck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

punch

What is the name of your state? Texas
An unisured driver t-boned my car,3 days after I had major surgery.Sent my husband and I to the hospital. Me in a ambulance.He has no insurance,myself only liability. My car totaled,my bills 10 grand plus. My husbands bills 500.plus.
A couple of questions......
#1...Can we file claims seperate? Husband for car and medical
and me for medical alone.
#2...Can the finance company be held responsible for a new truck with no insurance?
#...3 Having no monies since my husband had to stay home to take care of me for a much longer time after surgery,because of the wreck,and still being in pain.Can not afford DR. bills what am I to do?
Any and all information will be of help. Thank You
punch

racer72

1. File claims against who? Your only option is to sue the uninsured driver. From a cost standpoint, it would be cheaper for both of you to sue together.

2. Who's finance company? The finance company (of the uninsured I assume) was not negligent for the accident, they cannot be held liable for any costs.

3. See a personal injury attorney ASAP. Your choice to not be fully insured is now going to bite you in the rear, literally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">