• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless driving in NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fratichelli

I live in Brooklyn, but while I was working in Ashbury Park, NJ I backed into a car. I am not a body repair man, but it lookd like the dent I put in the fender could just be popped out and with a little buffing it would be fixed. I couldn't find the owner so I left a note with a neighbor. Then in the mail I recieved a ticket for Careless driving, a two point infraction. Because my insurance is already astronomical due to the Mob running some scam here in brooklyn I had hoped that doing the right thing would mean that all I would have to do is pay the owner of the vehicle. I went there today and pleaded not guilty and will have to return next month.

Should I get a lawyer and try to get out of the ticket? I did the right thing by leaving my contact information, and I still want to pay for the repairs, but there is no reason to involve the police. I feel as if I have to show up, I couldn't just pay the ticket it required a court appearance, that I might as well spend the money and try and save on premiums for the next seven years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">