• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Careless Driving Ticket!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zhongpsu

What is the name of your state? PA
My wife just has a learning permit, and she is lacking of road driving experience.
My friend and I were teaching my wife how to drive two weeks ago. It was 9:30pm, and pretty dark. When we are guiding her to get out of a parking lot, she didn't realized it is a two-way road, and go directly toward to left lane. My friend and I pointed out her wrongdoing, but she has no time to change to the right lane. So we stopped at the crossroad. Another car, which is coming into the parking lot, found we took his lane, turns to be very angry, and his wife shout to us that we took the wrong lane. We said sorry to her. And she called police after she left.
When we reached home, a police was waiting us at home! We explained that we made that mistake, and emphasized that my wife just had a learning permit, she made a wrong judgment. But the police sent us a ticket of ‘careless driving’anyway.
I plead NOT guilty, because I think people who have learning permit always make wrong judgments, when he/she is learning how to drive.
Do you think if what I should say at the Court?
Thanks a lot!

H

hexeliebe

A learner's permit is just that, a permit to learn.

And what better learning experience is there than the court system.

You're not going to beat this.

Z

zhongpsu

you guys made no mistakes at all, when you were learning how to drive??

spawn_x

I didn't.

And if I did, and received a ticket for it, I wouldn't sit there and whine like a little baby.

So tell me, if a student learner with just a permit runs over your family, do you think he is responsible? I mean he's only learning.

:rolleyes:

I hear Wal-Mart has a sale on brains... go pick one up.

HomeGuru

spawn_x said:
I didn't.

And if I did, and received a ticket for it, I wouldn't sit there and whine like a little baby.

So tell me, if a student learner with just a permit runs over your family, do you think he is responsible? I mean he's only learning.

:rolleyes:

I hear Wal-Mart has a sale on brains... go pick one up.
**A: incorrect. The sale ended last week.

H

hexeliebe

Well DaMN!!!

Missed it again. I've got to quit shoveling horse $hit and get a life...

By the way zhongpsu, you'd be wrong. How about driving a VW bug off a loading ramp at 45 mph and jumping a hugh pile of leaves at the city park in Merced, Calif.

That one cost me $150 and 30 days probation....in 1970 :(

H

hexeliebe

It was a 1959 split-window and I wish I still had it.

And yes, it went that fast...that's why I needed a tow truck to get it out of the leaves....

Damn cops wouldn't stop laughing or writing...:(

Z

zhongpsu

I know you guys are driving expert.
At first, there is NO accident at all! far from that!!
2nd, As far as I know, half of my friend fail their first road test, which means they made unforgivable mistakes in the test. Does that means all of them should get at least 1 ticket for their wrongdoing during their road test!? :confused:

H

hexeliebe

As far as I know, half of my friend fail their first road test, which means they made unforgivable mistakes in the test.
Where on the test does it have "unforgivable mistakes" and a place for the score?

IF half your friends are failing the test then you're in familiar territory.

As for not getting tickets, that's perfect logic for someone like you. A mistake or error which causes the test taker not to pass the driving portion of the exam, doesn't necessarily translate to a ticket.

However, if the mistake is a violation of the law, it will result in the issuance of a ticket.

Is that plain enough? Or should I spell it out with multiple choice answers?

Z

zhongpsu

I know it is wrong, it violates the law.
As I said, you are perfect driver.
But I can't imaging people with learner's permit and without much road experience wouldn't make wrong judgements. Driver's manual is just a manual, you can't understand it without road experience.
Even right after I got the driver license, I didn't have enough confidence to say"I am doing the right thing" on road.
The point is this kind of error is unavoidable for a layman.

H

hexeliebe

Really? Then why do millions of teenagers fly through the six months of their 'probation' by never having an accident, never violating the law or even getting a ticket.

Sorry, you're logic doesn't compute. Your friend violated the law. The only 'thing' she can blame is you and your other friend for lacking the clarity to give her the correct 'directions', not the driver's manual, not the stupidity of the law, not even the fact that she is being set up to fail.

Z

zhongpsu

Several things.
1. "Really? Then why do millions of teenagers fly through the six months of their 'probation' by never having an accident, never violating the law or even getting a ticket."
I admit many teenagers never get a ticket, but that just because no one call police when they violate the law.
2. I see people violate the law EVERYDAY on the road, if I call police everytime, many of them will get tickets. People aren't machine, people make mistakes.
3. I went that parking lot again yesterday to take some photos to show the judge on the court. You know what, I found two cars made similar mistakes at the same place!! The only difference is they stopped in the middle of the two lanes. I took one photo and I will show it on the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">