• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

carless driving? no witnesses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brad04

What is the name of your state?colorado,

okay well, back on 8-13-04.. i was driving home from a golf course. I had to turn left from a stop sighn. this left turn was along a hill on a very narrow 2 lane road. when completeing the turn i noticed my car was riding on the double yellow lines. So, to avoid entering on coming traffic i moved further to the right. When i did so my cars wheel went into the gutter. This gutter was marked to be fill because it had sunk into a hole. when the wheel of my car went in, it was pushed onto the curb. My car hit a fence post, the fence post was less then 2inches from the curb. there were no witnesses, and i was going under the speed limit. I also only hit one piece of the fence. There were no witnesses, but a police came shorty. Keep in mind that this all happened on private property, Anyways the cop just slapped a carless driving ticket and required court a visit, without any real reason.

Careless driving.
Any person who drives a vehicle in careless disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of careless driving, a summary offense.

well, the whole reason i hit the fence was because i was concerned for the safty of other drivers. I contacted the parks service who owned the fence, and was told over 10 people have hit that fence. the cop didnt even tell me why it was carless driving or what it is. Now i have to go to court and im not sure what i should do? I also felt very mistreated by the cop, he just wanted to rush everytthing. And this was my first driving accident/ talking with the popo (police) as i am only 17. if someone could give me some advice that would be very helpful... thank you

Last edited:

lwpat

The first thing to do is to talk with your parents. It is their insurance that will go through the roof and also yours when you reach 18. This ticket will stay on your record for three years.

My suggestion would be to take pictures of the scene. This should have been done immediatey after the accident to show the hole that needed repairing.

Another question might be jurisdiction.

JETX

Sounds to me like that 'road' you were driving on might have been a cart path. Are you sure you weren't still ON the golf course??? :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">