• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Carpal Tunnel's Lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grobinson

:confused:

name of your state? ny

has anyone ever heard about suing a company whose work was the main culprit for carpal tunnels syndrome?

thanks

K

Kevin O'Keefe

grobinson said:
:confused: has anyone ever heard about suing a company whose work was the main culprit for carpal tunnels syndrome? thanks
Carpal tunnel syndrome is fairly common due to work-related cumulative trauma of the wrist area. So these claims arise regularly.

Suing an employer is not an option. An injured worker, except in isolated circumstances is limited to filing a workers' compansation claim. The good part of such a claim is that you do not need to prove fault on the emplowers part. The very bad part of a comp claim is that the benefits allowed by law are very limited and no where close to what would be fair and adequate comepnsation on a general personal injury claim against a non employer.

Workers' comp insurers are notoriously awful in trying to pay less than what is required by law and trying to say the injury was caused by other than work. For that reason at least talk to a lawyer who limits their practice to represnting injured workers. It costs nothing to speak to the best - you will get exellent info and then can decide how to proceed, including whether to hire the lawyer.

If you think you hae a claim and need a lawyer's name, let me know. I have communicated on a regular basis via the net with a NY comp lawyer.

Take care.

- Kevin

G

grobinson

thanks so much for the info. but my mom doesn't wish to pursue workman's comp. my dad went through that process once and it was a nightmare.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">