• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Gone Bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Losing Out

What is the name of your state? Florida

September 18th, 2001 I was involved in an accident, where a money truck from a major company turned into my passenger side and slightly crushed the hood in. Fortunately, my car was not moving. Later that day I received an email from facilities advising fluids were leaking from my radiator. The car was towed to a body shop that is contracted with my insurance company.

Once the work was completed I went back to the shop to pick up my car. The body worked appeared to be fine, I'm not a mechanic, but I inquired about the repairs to the radiator. I was told that it was fine and they did not have to add any fluids. Now, according to the estimate given by the adjuster, the radiator fluids were to be replaced. Upon leaving their shop less than 15 minutes when I was in the middle of the interstate I blew a head gasket.

Now the shop is not taking responsibility and nor is my insurance company. I was told by the adjuster that the car had been in a previous wreck and the radiator was already leaking. In defense to that, the accident must have been prior to purchase, when it had 60k miles and at the time of the accident it had 120K... Don't you think it would have been noted for problems prior to or broke down long before placing another 60k miles on it. I had a deluxe maintenance check with Pep Boys 2 months prior to the accident and was fine.

My lawyer was suppose to be working my case, regarding my injuries & vehicle repairs, and I have not heard from him since 12/01. Previously, I had been contacting him several times a week to make sure he was working my case.

Can Someone Please Help Me!!

K

KingV

Well, there *is* a contradiction here.

The mechanic said that the radiator was fine and that you did not need any fluids.

The adjuster says the radiator was damaged in a previous wreck.

These two don't jibe with each other.

Further, I'd ask the latter to prove that it was in a wreck. Accident report with your car's VIN number?

I'd call the lawyer again, of course. Other than that, I'm not really sure. That inconsistency bothers me though.

L

Losing Out

Thank you for your response. I'm having a hard time believing the body shop, as the blown headgasket came from no fluids in the radiator while operating. As for the adjuster, I believe he was trying to save the body shop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">