• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case of mistaken identity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SysAdmin

What is the name of your state? California
I need to know what steps are required for the following: I was served with some papers indicating that I am being sued for the damages caused in an accident that I was not involved with. My name appears on the document; however, I have not been in any accident. Should I contact the lawyer for the plantiff indicating they have a mistaken identity? Or are there some legal forms that one must complete for this process?

Need to know
MP

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

SysAdmin said:
What is the name of your state? California
I need to know what steps are required for the following: I was served with some papers indicating that I am being sued for the damages caused in an accident that I was not involved with. My name appears on the document; however, I have not been in any accident. Should I contact the lawyer for the plantiff indicating they have a mistaken identity? Or are there some legal forms that one must complete for this process?

Need to know
MP

My response:

Turn the papers over to your insurance company. Tell them what you've said here. Let them handle the investigation of the facts and the litigation. That's why you're paying insurance premiums.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">