• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cat attack

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaeyreed

Last month while helping a family clean up and ready to sell a home my sister was attacked by a cat. The cat was in an animal holder so that it could be taken to the vet, the door did not latch and the cat came out and grasped onto her face with its teeth. She now has a horrible scar on her face, her ear and a little scar on her upper lip. My sister had beautiful, beautiful skin, no blemishes and no scars, and what's worse is she is Public Relations Director at a big Hotel Chain here in California. I keep telling her she needs a lawyer. The families homeowners insurance company states that they will pay her medical bills which were over $600.00 but if she wants anything else she needs a lawyer. Do you think she has a case and would it be worth it for her to contact an attorney? Please let me know what you think. I don't know what the statute of limitations is and I don't want her to miss out on any recourse she has.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

California has a 1 year Statute of Limitations for injury claims, measured from the date of injury.

She may have, what is known as, a strict liability claim against the cat owner. It couldn't hurt to see a Personal Injury attorney, especially when she may need plastic surgery for correction of the scarring.

Good luck to her.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">