• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CDL Licence Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buerrerouge

Before we go thru the paperwork, we'd like your advice please.

A dear friend of mine has a less than perfect criminal record. He served some time and is now trying to get his life back on track. He's considering applying for a CDL License. We've picked up a manual for the written test from our local Motor Vehicle and, it said "Motor Vehicle reserves the right to disqualify an applicant for such license base on their criminal history and driving record".

My question is what kind of criminal record would prevent him from getting this license?

:::his driving record is squeeky clean...

Thanks for your advice

C

cdsalsman

Contact some of these larger trucking companies

If I were him, I would contact some of these larger trucking companies. Someone there would know your answer.
Furthermore, if his felony had nothing to do with driving, and he can get a regular drivers license, how can they prevent him from getting his CDL's?
Whatever damage he can do in a semi or dump truck, bus, or whatever he wants to drive, he can just about do in a car, truck, or van.
I commend him for getting his life together. God bless!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">