• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chain Reaction Car Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stressedout

I was recently involved in a chain reaction car accident. Hence the title of the post.

Anyway, the two cars infront of me collided and I slammed on the brakes as fast as I could but I still ended up involved in the accident. I know the rule is that if you rear end somebody, you are following too close, but I wasn't tail-gating the car in front of me or speeding. I was just going with the flow of traffic.

My car's totaled, and now I may be getting sued for failing to react to a collision well enough. I'm stressed out, and have no money or car. It just seems like a pretty raw deal, considering I just drove up on it and reacted as best I could. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">