• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chairs fell on me at college!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stephenk

how soon did you notify the school of what happened regarding the falling chairs? Were there any other students in the room who witnessed the incident? did you go to the ER that same day?

did you have medical insurance at the time of the incident? If yes, did you go to your regular doctor or did you just start treating with the chiropractor your attorney sent you to?

spawn_x

what did your lawyer tell you when you asked him why he dropped you?

sounds fishy..

how high could a custodian pile up desks and chairs anyway? i doubt he used a ladder to get it up to the highest point.

seems fishy.

JETX

One CRITICAL element of this entire case appears to be the 'fraudulent use'.

Your post says:
"Now, I got my insurance in October. They put it in my husband's name because he is a few years younger. So, my card had my name, but his social security number."
*** Who is THEY?? And why would THEY put an incorrect SSN on their coverage policy???
Simple, is not credible. Is much easier to explain as a fraudulent attempt to get insurance coverage.

You further said, "I saw the doctor October 10th or so. Had surgery December 20, 2002."
And further: "Went to university doctor that Friday (about 36 hours after incident) because I had no insurance."

So, either you had insurance at the time (in someone elses name/number) or you went and got insurance (using false name/number) to get the coverage AFTER the accident. Which??

This is just ONE inconsistency in your version and I can see why the entire claim may be suspect.

I

Irrepressable

Classes in critical reasoning might be offered near you.

Last edited:

spawn_x

I am pretty sure you are not going to find another lawyer to take the case because it just seems "fishy".

JETX

And even less chance on contingency. Simply, the case appears to have sufficient questions of fact to warrant most attorneys risk of their fees.

Granted, there may be a real hungry attorney out there looking for a 'big name' case that might be interested and willing to gamble his time, but that person will probably be hard to find (if at all possible).

I

Irrepressable

Fishy and hungry attorneys

So, what you guys (or gals) are saying is that if your daughter were in a classroom studying, and a pile of chairs fell, one landing on her directly, in front of 35 or so people, and the professor had to pick the chair up off of her, that you'd just let it go?

Now, let's say that she had a degenerative disk disease which made her more susceptible to injury, and this happened.

You'd let this go, not thinking for a single moment that the school has the responsibility of keeping their students safe?

In that event, no one should be prosecuted for driving while drunk and running over anyone, either...

If you went on a ride at a theme park, they are not responsible for your safety either - so if a ride breaks down and you get injured, you'll just accept it and won't even ask for a bandaid?

So, this same custodian that piled these chairs up, the one that happened to also leave something in the hallway that a woman stepped on (stupid woman, she should have been looking at the floor when she walked rather than where she was going...) and fell on her stomach - only she was carrying her six week old infant in a front-pack and the fall broke the infant's skull - why she's got nothing to complain about, because that custodian couldn't possibly be held responsible for failing to properly do his job?

If you are attorneys, and live in Northern California, please be sure to tell me that you've heard about my case, because I sure don't want you representing me...

Better off representing some movie star for a photographer taking a "bad" picture of her and "making her look ugly."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">