• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

changing plea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

july860

What is the name of your state? PA
my 16 year old son was recently charged with reckless driving and driving without a license. now, while he was driving without a license, there may be some mitigating circumstances surrounding the reckless driving. however, he pleade guilty to reckless driving (at my insistence; i had absolutely no idea what to do). however, he now left for three weeks to go on the road with his father to hopefully earn some money to pay me back for the fines. sorry for the long story, but when i go tomorrow a.m. to make a first payment, can i inform the district justice that he may be changing his plea?

moburkes

You don't make payments to district judges. You also cannot represent your son.

What mitigating circumstances are there to putting other people in danger?

metsfan12

actually you might be able to. My mom entered a plea of guilty for me once, to this day I don't know why she just says it was more convenient. I really wanted to fight the ticket, i had no idea about her calling to plead guilty for me, so when i call to reschedule court date the clerk says yea your mom called a few days ago to plead guilty for you. I changed the plea to not guilty and got a new court date...I am 22 but some of my mail still goes to my parents house unfortunately, im sure youll be able to especially since your kid is under 18

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">