• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

check rec'd from insurance company for auto repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

evon savage

What is the name of your state? south carolina
my daughter's car is insured on my car insurance she was at the time under 25, her boyfriend was driving her car had an accident and left the scene, she took her car to mech for an estimation for damage repair. the insurance company issued a check for repair, but included my name, daughter's name and lien company's name. lien company listed on check is not going to do repairs. a friend is going to do the repair work for less (i dont have to pay deductiable) can i return the check received back to insurance company and request that a check be issued in my name only since the insurance is in my name and i am the one paying the premium?; or is it mandatory for lein company's name to be listed on check. if i keep the check i currently have can i cash check without the company's signature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">