• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

citations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cvino

I tapped the rearend of a car and she wanted to file a report, she called the police they came, said I was going to be cited, but he did not give me a citation? Are they mailing them now??? Also she had prev damage to her car and she says (the other driver) she wants to file because there maybe damage under the car!!!! mind you I just tapped her!!! Back to the question what legal ground do I have if any, if I didnt receive the citation...

Please help!!! sooooo confused

Duluth Georgia

racer72

How much damage was done to your car? If all you have is a bent license plate and they are claiming frame damage, it would be obvious you did not cause the damage. The estimate from a reputable collision repair business or from a claims adjuster will note whether the damage was recent or if it had happened before you hit the car. When metal is bent or dented, it will start to rust almost immediatley, especially if salt is used to melt snow and ice. The heavier the rust, the longer the damage has existed. Make sure your insurance company knows of any obvious damage that was there prior to the contact. You will most likely receive a citation by mail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">