• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

city park table accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mattusa

What is the name of your state?
This is the first time using this site, so please give me some leeway. I asked a legal question about two weeks ago and got some pretty strange comments, critques, and even some fire and brimstone but no answer. I know this site is full of would be English professors, preachers, lawyers, and philosphers. I am none of these. I am just looking for a law student or attorney that might know the law in this certain case. So if you do not have any knowledge in this particular area - please refrain from commenting. This is the incident in a nutshell.
In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on a dark night at 2 am I was driving down a road when I hit a city park picnic table with my automobile.
1- The table was lined up with another table side by side horizontally across in the middle of the street
2- The city park is a very small park that sets along the road. It has no lights at night even though it is a 24 hour park. The road the incident happened on has a 30 mile an hour speed limit with only one caution children playing sign only on one side of the park. The park tables were never bolted or mounted down (IS THIS A LAW).
3- The lady across the street complained twice to the city that the tables were in her front yard across the street from the park. The tables weigh approximately 75 pounds each and are very difficult to move by most people.
If you have any relevent questions about this incident, I will be glad to hear them, otherwise, stay off of your soapbox on this one

spawn_x

"This is the first time using this site, so please give me some leeway."

......"I asked a legal question about two weeks ago"

- So is it or is it not your first time?

"and got some pretty strange comments, critques, and even some fire and brimstone but no answer. I know this site is full of would be English professors, preachers, lawyers, and philosphers. I am none of these. I am just looking for a law student or attorney that might know the law in this certain case. So if you do not have any knowledge in this particular area - please refrain from commenting. This is the incident in a nutshell."

- Thanks, that was very important information you gave us.

"In Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on a dark night at 2 am I was driving down a road when I hit a city park picnic table with my automobile."

- Did you not SEE the table??

"The table was lined up with another table side by side horizontally across in the middle of the street"

- Ok, so somebody moved it there.

"The city park is a very small park that sets along the road. It has no lights at night even though it is a 24 hour park."

- So what are your headlights for?

"The lady across the street complained twice to the city that the tables were in her front yard across the street from the park. The tables weigh approximately 75 pounds each and are very difficult to move by most people."

- I can move 75lb with one hand. Two people could EASILY move 75lb because its only 37.5 pounds per person. With both hands even a 12 year old could do it.

"If you have any relevent questions about this incident, I will be glad to hear them, otherwise, stay off of your soapbox on this one"

- Everything i said is relevant to your post.

---

Seriously though, reality check, your headlights are for seeing at night. Two tables are pretty big not to see.. If you missed them then how can you say you wouldn't miss a person crossing the street?

I see you were one of the unlucky fellas who didn't hear about the brain sale at Walmart...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">