• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

City Sidewalk Fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rbonham

Florida

I was recently in a city here in Florida on business. For lunch we were going to a deli close by and along the way I turned to speak to my assoicate and when I did I stepped on the edge of a raised concrete tile on the sidewalk (the sidewalk was made up of large contrete tiles rather than sectioned). Where the tiles jointed one had been pushed up due to a tree root I believe. When I stepped down on the edge I twisted by foot and broke it. My husband and friends feel I need to file a complaint or sue or something. I'm not sure how to proceed. I certainly don't have the time or the energy for a long drawn out law suit in a city 3.5 hours away. Can you even sue the city? Could I just write a letter and get them to pay for the expenses incurred by the injury?

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">