• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Civil Suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? ****land

I was in a car accident on 6/27/2005. My traffic tickets were dismissed when I went to court on 10/27/2005. Now I received an advertisement from a lawyer stating that the person that hit me filed a civil suit on 11/16/2005 for $25,000. I still haven't been served with any papers. Should I tell my insurance company now or wait to be served? Also, will the courts just combine the two suits being that my lawyer has filed suit?

JETX

Sugarbaby1977 said:
I was in a car accident on 6/27/2005. My traffic tickets were dismissed when I went to court on 10/27/2005. Now I received an advertisement from a lawyer stating that the person that hit me filed a civil suit on 11/16/2005 for $25,000. I still haven't been served with any papers. Should I tell my insurance company now or wait to be served?
You might want to tell your insurance company now... in the event that service on you is not made or some similar issue.

Also, will the courts just combine the two suits being that my lawyer has filed suit?
No one can answer that without knowing ALL the issues raised in the two suits and whether they are sufficiently similar.

JETX said:
No one can answer that without knowing ALL the issues raised in the two suits and whether they are sufficiently similar.
Basically he's saying that it's my fault that the accident occured. I was making a left turn at a light, the light was a green arrow as I proceeded under it. He hit me as I was crossing the lanes. My car spun several times and I was thrown from my seat to the back seat (I wasn't wearing my seat belt because I was 7 months pregnant at the time). I suffered a C2 fracture. I'll be suing because the accident was his fault, my medical bill are horrendous and I lost my car because of the accident. He's suing for basically the same thing plus lost wages as he was working at the time for the Rental Car company (he was driving the company's car at the time.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">