• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claim Against County

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Deby O'Gorman

What is the name of your state? CA

This past summer, my girlfried was driving my husband's truck in the county (as opposed to the city limits) on a highway that has street drainage grates in it. Because the County failed to maintain the grates, one of them had loose bolts. As she drove over the grate with the front tire, the grate came off, flipped up, hit the underside of the truck and then the back tire (which it popped). Of course we were both insured and my insurance company covered the damge to the truck (in excess of $3K). However, I had a $300.00 deductable on my insurance. I filed a claim with the County and received a letter back stating that they had 45 days to consider my claim. That time ran on November 4. What do I do now? Sue the County?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">