• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claim being denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

richwuest

I am an insured motorist in California, which carries only liability insurance and uninsured motorist ($3500 limit on uninsured motorist). On the day before Thanksgiving, I was involved in an auto accident, in which the driver of the other vehicle ran a 4 way stop sign and struck my 96 Intrepid ES at a high speed. The car will be a total loss I am sure. The driver of the other vehicle was not named on the insurance policy, and was driving on a suspended liscence. The owner of the vehicle who is the person named on the insurance policy was sitting in the passenger seat of the vehicle at the time. Now, it appears as though the insurance carrier of the other vehicle (Omni Insurance) is probably going to try to deny my claim because the person driving was not insured on the vehicle. Can they do that, and do I have any recourse hear other than getting the $3500 max uninsured motorist from my current insurance carrier? I feal the car is probably worth a little more than that, and I currently have a bill of about $500 for towing and storage which continues to rise at $20 per day.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">