• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claim negotiations advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

orpha5678

I would like to handle an auto accident settlement for pain and suffering myself. Can anyone point me toward sites that might give me tips?
Basically, I have lost several months of my life since this accident. I was finally at a major turning point in my recovery from a 1993 accident (caused by the other driver) that caused me to take an early retirement when a driver rear-ended me while I was stopped at a red light. My car was totalled, but I have already settled the property claim.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I don't recommend handling this one on your own. But if you want to, go to your local law library and ask a librarian to help you with case law and statutes, statistics, etc.

C

cdcard

Dear orpha5678:
Its going to be tough for anyone to help you settle this claim with advice over the web. In order for you to get effective assistance, someone needs to review your medical records from this accident, medical records from your 1993 accident (for apportionment purposes), and other documents. Its usually not difficult to find a personal injury attorney to represent you on a contingency fee basis (ie, attorney fees come out of the settlement check, not your pocketbook) when there is bodily injury. If you don't want legal representation, consider at least setting up a consultation with a local PI attorney, even if you have to pay him/her for the consultation time. Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">