• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claim or not?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duckyp0o77

What is the name of your state? tn

Last week my car was hit head on by a "flying" trailer. Let me explain.. traveling in front of me was a pick up truck. A contruction truck w/ a small trailer and equipment attatched to it pulled out in front of the p/u truck causing the truck to hit the trailer. B/c the trailer was not properly chained to the construction truck the impact sent the trailer flying in the air directly at me causing major damages to my car. I am suffering from back pain also. I just want to know if I have a negligence case against the construction company.

alnorth

What is the name of your state? tn

Last week my car was hit head on by a "flying" trailer. Let me explain.. traveling in front of me was a pick up truck. A contruction truck w/ a small trailer and equipment attatched to it pulled out in front of the p/u truck causing the truck to hit the trailer. B/c the trailer was not properly chained to the construction truck the impact sent the trailer flying in the air directly at me causing major damages to my car. I am suffering from back pain also. I just want to know if I have a negligence case against the construction company.
If the construction truck was the cause of the accident, you have a lawsuit against the company and the driver. The fact that it was by your words not secured properly obviously doesnt hurt your case, but it probably doesnt do much more than you already got. If they were at fault, it wouldnt have really mattered if the trailer was properly secured and just unavoidably snapped off due to the violence of the collision, they are at fault for the whole accident, period.

duckyp0o77

I have recieved from the construction company's insurance co. a "Privacy Authorization" form to sign so they can get my past and present med records b/c of my injuries. Should I consult an atty b/f I sign and send? Why do they need my medical history?

ecmst12

They need your medical history to make sure that the injuries you are claiming are from the accident and not something that you already had. If your injuries are serious and will require treatment beyond PT/chiro, then by all means consult an attorney, but if it will just be a small claim, you can probably handle it on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">