• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Claiming:Revoked license.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lottidi

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

This past thursday my boyfriend was involved in an accident while driving my vehicle. A total of 4 cars was involved. A 16 year old kid took a left turn thinking the intersection was clear, and hit my car. The kids car then spun into another lane hitting two other vehicles. I'm 95% sure that the kid will be found at fault, as he was scared and clearly admitted to the accident repeatedly to the investigative officer. (there was no one hurt) About two minutes after the accident I was there, and saw this kid exclaim to his upset mother "I thought that it was clear!" Is it true that the drivers making left hand turns to be liable?

The major thing that complicates this is that my boyfriend was driving back to work and has a revoked license (I know for not DUI or possession). Yes, I know this was stupid, but we took the chance anyway. He recieved a citation and is to appear in court next month.

What I want to know is, even though my vehicle was being driven by my boyfriend whom had a revoked license, is there a chance at all that I could make a claim to the boy's insurance company and it would follow through? The front of the car is smashed and undrivable. Is this only if he's found liable?

Also, I'm not sure if I should ask this here, but is it possible that I could be liable because my boyfriend was driving my vehicle on a suspended licensed? Is this only if the boy isn't found at fault for some reason , or tries to say he wasn't? I was told because of this that I could be found automatically liable.

Thanks,
Brittany

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">