• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claims on a lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hotsprings

I was in a car accident last week with my 2000 Chevy Tracker. No one else was involved. I contacted my insurance company and they sent a claim adjustor to determined whether the car was repairable or if it would be counted as a total lost. The adjustor determined that the car is repairable, but according to the body shop the repairs will take up to 2 months. No to mention the insurance company says that I don't have rental coverage.The roof on the SUV was smashed because I flipped twice and there is other structal damage. I don't want drive because I am truely concerned about my safety. Do I have any other options then waiting for the car to be repaired?

If there was enough damage to make the car unsafe to repair then the insurance appraiser would have totaled your car. Your only option is to sell it after it's fixed. As for rental re-imbursement, it is sold separately as an additional coverage. You need to speak with your agent to have it added.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">