• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

clarify settlement source

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nanna

I wrote the question on waiving the right to sue, but had further questions: state of arizona.

Thanks for the clarification of terms. I do have an attorney, but I'm always interested in another's advice.

My driver friend was not negligent and therefore not at fault. She does have an underinsured policy (300/500).

Did I understand you correctly that I will not receive benefit from her underinsured policy even though I was a passenger in her vehicle?
I do have underinsured on my own policy (100/300). did you mean that is the only policy I can recover monitarily from (in addition to the kid's policy -- he was completely at fault?).

Finally, as asked in first post: In collecting the 10,000 from the kid's policy, should I agree to waive any further right to sue him? I'm still reluctant to do that not knowing what the final offer will be from the insurance.

FYI: all three of us (the kid, the driver of the vehicle, and myself have the same insurance company -- sticky, I know!)

thanks for the reply!

02-25-2001 11:53 PM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">