• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was Clipped From Behind Making A Right Hand Turn...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KnowBody

What is the name of your state? California...

I was departing from work one day, headed home on a one lane road. This street is fairly busy for it is cluttered with industrial buildings, mechanic shops, and what not, so alot of cars are parked off along side the curbs. When approaching a side street that I had intended on making a right hand turn into, I had my blinker on and noticed another vehicle along side the curb in motion, moving at a very slow speed within the parking area outside of both the driving lane and a bike lane. This driver had no blinker on to indicate what his intentions were, so from my point of view it appeared as if the driver was positioning himself to park or was looking for a paticular address. There we three seperate points this driver could've seen my vehicle; One, approaching from behind, Two, When passing him, and Three, when infront of him. Upon making my right hand turn, I was struck by the other driver from the right rear corner panel. At the point of impact it was clear that he had entered the intersection of this turn while still in the parking section in an attempt to merge into traffic and get infront of the vehicle behind me. There were no witnesses and we've already taken our claims to our individual insurance companies. My insurance company is putting him at fault entitling the other party 20% liability where as the other parties insurance company is putting me at fault with 40% liability on the grounds that I said I noticed the vehicle moving in my statement.

Do have room to fight this decision by the other parites insurance company??

Thanks to whoever can help me out...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">