• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

co-ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Ann Franklin

What is the name of your state? Georgia
On our car payment, I am buyer and my fiancee is co-buyer. I make all payments, insurance, and tag. He doesn't have license now. He left in the car. Can I legally go get it, or can he stop me from taking it?

A

ammstormy

I'm not sure, but I would get together all reciepts in prep to show to judge- he left you, you may even have a case to get half of money back in relative to the car. I would also file a complaint with the police, you are co-owner and the other co-owner has 'taken custody' without asking, so to speak.

Who is out there? What do 'yall say?:confused:

HomeGuru

Ann Franklin said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
On our car payment, I am buyer and my fiancee is co-buyer. I make all payments, insurance, and tag. He doesn't have license now. He left in the car. Can I legally go get it, or can he stop me from taking it?
**A: who has title to the vehicle? Report it stolen to the police. Are you still going to marry this loser?

JETX

"On our car payment, I am buyer and my fiancee is co-buyer."
*** Your car payment has nothing to do with this. The title determines ownership. So, EXACTLY what does the title show as ownership??

A

Ann Franklin

I just got an e-mail back from Ford and they said based on the info on the credit application, I am. Guess I have my answer now.

JETX

"I just got an e-mail back from Ford and they said based on the info on the credit application, I am. Guess I have my answer now."
*** No you don't. Ford does NOT know who's name is on the TITLE. Look at the title. That is the ONLY way to find out if you have legal rights. The payment (and Ford) have NOTHING to do with this!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Ann Franklin said:
Does Ford have the title? I don't.

My response:

Okay, let's work it this way, because it's obvious you don't have the "title" (pink slip) for the vehicle.

Look at the Vehicle Registration - - what EXACTLY does it say?

IAAL

(Sometimes, I sit and wonder how people make it through life - - they just don't have a clue about the simplest of concepts)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">