• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co-Signer on Auto Loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Computergeeky3k

Co-Signer Liable?

I live in Monterey,Calif
If I use a Co-signer to secure a car loan, can the Co-signer be held liable for damages to a human if i where in a car accident and they tried to sue.
I carry Full Coverage on all my vehicles.So the property would be paid for.100,000 for personal injury.If it exceeds that can the Co-signer be Sued?

[Edited by Computergeeky3k on 02-16-2001 at 08:24 PM]

C

Computergeeky3k

I believe you are correct but would like to here a reply from a Law student.It does seem kinda silly.But the Co-Signer has alot to loose if it where possible.Thanks for input Racer

C

Computergeeky3k

I am not an attorney. I have never attended law school or any other institution of legal instruction.
The advice given is strictly an amatuer viewpoint and my interpretation of the law.
Any financial losses associated with the advice is strictly limited to what you paid for the advice.
I can not and will not testify in court about the advice given.
It is up to you to seek qualified legal advice prior to using any advice that I may have given.

Well,The source seems to be unsure of his abilities or he wouldnt post this at the end of his replies.
Thanks anyways smart-ass.

C

Computergeeky3k

I am so dissapointed in your attitude.Tipical for a want-a-be Lawyer.If you read my second post, i did thank you.And if you are going to be a Lawyer i sure hope you will enjoy all the money you make off us loosers while you are here on earth because you cant spend it in Hell.

C

Computergeeky3k

The advice given is my viewpoint and my interpretation of the Lawyers.
Any financial losses associated with the advice is strictly limited to what you paid for the advice.
I can not and will not testify in court about the advice given by want-a be Lawyers
It is up to you to seek qualified legal counseling prior to using any advice that I may have given.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">