• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collector car hit on dealer lot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Greg Melv

I was dropping my car off to get an antenna repaired and the dealers mechanic smashed into it. He was 100% at fault. I have been dealing with the dealers insurance company for the property damage and an injury.

My car was a mint 89 Iroc with only 8000 miles on it. I bought this car new and it meant a lot to me. I was keeping the miles low to have a trophy show car in the future. The appraised value is $10,500 and they are offering me $10,000. They want to settle up on the car first and then deal with the injury. I would rather settle on everything at one time.

Is there any danger in doing a settlement first on the property damage? It would be nice to have the wrecked car out of my garage, but they seem to be pushing hard on this settlement first.

Furthermore, am I entitled to any other damages for my wrecked Iroc? I was very upset that my car was wrecked. This car was babied since it was bought new. I do have a stress condition and this made it worse.

Lastly, they sent an appraiser out early on to value the worth of my car before it was wrecked. Later they lied and said that he was only taking pictures and some other place appraised my car at $5000. They didn't see the car. I have a feeling the first appraisal got buried. Is this fraud?

Thank you, Greg

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">