• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

collision coverage and deductible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bigbirdstyle

What is the name of your state?

California

My car was dented while being serviced by a major chain while they were moving (driving) my car. They admit fault. If I file a claim with my insurance company will I get my deductible back after the investigation proves I was not at fault? Statefarm is not giving a straight answer unless I give my account information.

Thanks

stephenk

get an estimate for the repair and present it to the service facility that caused the damage. have them pay you directly for the repair costs plus for reasonable car rental for the estimated time to fix your car. you will be required to sign a release of liability for any further claims.

then you can get the car fixed or not. how much damage are you talking about?

B

bigbirdstyle

We are probably talking about $700 including car rental. I'm am going to follow your advice, but I am still curious if I submit a claim will I be able to get my deductible back after the investigation in my favor. I just want to know my options in case the service center is not cooperative. Should I take them to small claims court or just make a claim.

JETX

If you submit the claim directly to them and do not involve your insurance company, there shouldn't be any deductible to have to worry about.

You would be able to recover your deductible, but not until your insurance carrier successfully collected it from the Service facility or their insurance carrier.

Tale StephenK's advice. It will save you a lot of headaches and waiting for your money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">