• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Collision vs. comprehensive???? confused.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maeflye63

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Not very good with understanding this insurance thing for cars. I have full coverage on my 2000 Ford Explorer. Someone backed into my passager side door while I was in at work. I wasn't in the vehicle at the time.

Now is that still collision?? Or should that be covered under comprehensive?
My Insurance company is telling me it is collision.

Now today I was at K-Mart and when I came out I found my back window smashed, glass is in and out of the vehicle. Are they going to tell me that that is collision too?

Please any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much for your time.
Maeflye

Litigation!

maeflye63 said:
What is the name of your state? Michigan

Not very good with understanding this insurance thing for cars. I have full coverage on my 2000 Ford Explorer. Someone backed into my passager side door while I was in at work. I wasn't in the vehicle at the time.

Now is that still collision?? Or should that be covered under comprehensive?
My Insurance company is telling me it is collision.

MY RESPONSE: Your insurance company is correct. It's a collision when two or more vehicles "collide", or one collides into another, to cause damages.

Now today I was at K-Mart and when I came out I found my back window smashed, glass is in and out of the vehicle. Are they going to tell me that that is collision too?

MY RESPONSE: This is "comprehensive." Comprehensive comes into play when someone breaks your window, steals a hubcap, breaks off your windshield wipers, etc. In other words, all damage is caused by "human hands" and not by a collision.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">