• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Company responsible or is it workmans comp?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Angel Marie

What is the name of your state? Ohio Clocked out at 7.30 while walking across parking lot stepped in a hole, grass grown over it so I didnt see it. Heard pop in ankle and fell down on left knee another associate helped me up.limped to my car thought it was just spained, drove home and iced and elavated it for a while went to emergency room had x- ray done said I chipped a bone and bad sprain am currently working on light duty .group leader told me did same thing on other end of parking lot before dont think he reported it because he didnt get hurt.Grassy area is not a designed walk way but alot of employees use it,worn pathways in area is company responsible for my medical bills.would it be workmans comp?

Jeter

It would be worker's comp unless you're trying to prove negligence. If that is the case, be sure that your company owns the lot. Believe it or not, the lot could be owned by a private party.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">