• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

company veichle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brucejr.

i live in michigan, the company i work for does not have a local base of operation so all the techinichans bring the company van home every night and every weekend. several weeks ago on a sunday evening iwas driving the van to the auto store that was only 1.5 miles from home. on the way there an uninsured driver pulled out in front of me, there was no avoiding hitting her. her car was totaled and she was taken to the hospital. the company van had front end damage. i notified my employer immediatly. the next day i was told to get the van in right away for repairs and that they would try to get me a temporary until that one was fixed.i was also told that because i was using the veichle unauthorized that i would possibly face a suspension. i was sent to work the next day.nothing else was ever said about a temporary. for three weeks i drove my own personal truck and received reimbursement for one of those weeks.after the van was repaired and already picked up i was then told that i would have to pay for the damages and return the money that i was reimbursed for my truck. is this legal and shouldn't i have been told this right from the start and not three weeks later.

racer72

3 weeks sounds like a reasonable amount of time for a company to make a determination. They could have been waiting for their insurance company and the time it takes for other paperwork to be processed. If they had waited 3 months you would have a legitimate gripe. I think you should consider yourself lucky you still have a job, lots of companies would have fired someone for what happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">