• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gSOLO_01

I was involved in an auto accident november 22, 2000. I was driving through a parking lot at about 15mph and was hit on the passangers side quite hard. the driver of the other car claimed to be going about 10mph and had a "neck injury." although the driver was driving down the "main" part of the parking lot i was struck when i was 75% through the lane. the claim by the other car of going 10mph has to be false, my car was spun around all four wheels/tires were damaged as well as 7,000$$ suspention etc damage. the other car only had a broken headlight. i have been without a car for two months, i had a rental car for the first month and i am still waiting for my new car(2000 ford focus, purchased mid july) to be completed.

First, is there any compensation i can recieve for the long wait and for my mother because she has to drive me around every place that i go?

Secondly, does maryland have a fault, no fault, law?

Thirdly, based on the scenario, i know i am not at fault but if the insurance company finds me at fault, 100% or even 50%, how can i contest it?

Also, is deminished value compensation only applicable when or if i trade in the car?

Thank you.

--18 year old

ALawyer

If there is personal injury to you, see a lawyer ASAP.

By the way, as an 18 year old, most insurance companies will think you likely were at fault, as most accidents involving new drivers are their fault. The good news is that you'll start to grow older.

G

gSOLO_01

there was no personal injury... what can i do to fight back... i think i will be trading in the damaged car for a new one... as soon as i get it back that is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">