• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for Equity?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

keniz138

What is the name of your state?
Rhode Island

Wife in car accident last night, hoping driver is insured but have my doubts. Car MAY be a total loss.

She currently owes the approximate book value on the car. I have read a bit about replacement cost and ACV and I am getting nervous that all she will get is the straight blue book value of the car. What about the 1.9% financing she had on it which she willnot be able to get again? What about her needing to start over at square 1 with a new car? Is any consideration provided for that?

If not a total loss, any consideration for car's resale value going through the floor?

Lynx 36

Quote: "What about the 1.9% financing she had on it which she will not be able to get again?"

Has no bearing on the settlement.

Quote: "What about her needing to start over at square 1 with a new car? Is any consideration provided for that?"

Whoever ends up paying f/ your total loss is only required to give you the ACV of the vehicle. That's it. Buying a new car and obtaining a loan is your responsibility, and there are no considerations f/ that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">