• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compensation for fall?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I live in GA. I recently fell in the parking lot at a professional building. I broke my wrist and injured my back. There is nothing that can be done for my back other than epidurals and pain medication. The owner of parking lot has taken care of medical bills, and there will be a settlement. I need an estimate of the amount of settlement I should recieve for the injuries. I do not wish to involve an attorney if I can avoid it.

TCB4U2B2B

I Don't Recommend It!

THE TRUTH OF THIS MATTER IS YOU CANNOT AFFORD NOT TO HAVE AN ATTORNEY.

Hello CCG

Based upon the information posted regarding your injuries, you could be doing your an injustice not be represented by legal counsel.

Once the agreement you going to be presented with is signed, you will forfeit all future claims. read it carefully!

With the injuries you claim to have to your back, settling this without an attorney on your team could prove to be a HUGE mistake.

Question Answered.
Case Closed.
Courts Adjourned.
Regards and Good Luck.
TCB4U2B2B
At Your Service.

Thank you for your reply. Your advise is well received, and that is probably what I will have to do. But, I would like a guestimation on the amount I should settle/ask for.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

One more question. Does GA have a limit on the amount that can be settled out of court?
Thanks
My response:

While we are unable to tell you what you should, could, or can settle your claim for, no state has a "cap" on out-of-court settlements - - i.e., if you can get the Defendant to pay you a Billion dollars, then so be it.

IAAL

JETX

Sorry, but asking for an 'estimate' of what your damages should be is like me asking you if you like the wallpaper in my office. NO ONE CAN ANSWER IT!!!

For example:
Are you an 18 year old multi-sport athlete who, before the accident, had major colleges clammoring for your services with an unlimited potential earnings future, or are you a cashier at Burger Hut with limited potential earnings?

Or are you a professional runway model, on magazine covers and commercial advertising, able to bill $100's per minute, or are you a waitres at the 'Slingin Hash' restaurant??

ANY valuation of your damages would have to consider a lot of factors that we just aren't in a position to know, including actual costs, future cost of medical treatment, loss of earnings potential, etc.

Take the advice you have already gotten.... talk with an attorney. You can contact your local Bar association and ask for a referral for a very reasonable amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">